72eDB La passion du 1/72
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

72eDB La passion du 1/72

AccueilÉvènementsRechercherLt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!) Miniga10S'enregistrerConnexion

Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!)

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Liam M Flood
Brigadier
Brigadier
Liam M Flood

Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!) Empty
MessageSujet: Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!)   Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!) Icon_minitimeLun 06 Sep 2021, 12:02

Sad tale behind this tank, an M4A3 76 of 12 RCA, 2e DB.  This never did get as far as Paris alas. The commander named it after his brother, recently killed in action. Days before the Liberation of the capital it was hit multiple times by a German 37mm AA gun and then wrecked as the driver reversed it up a steep bank, into a tree. The poor commander had his head out of the turret to fight effectively, but was hit by a shell. The only photos of this tank are then a series of the wreck being progressively stripped, but every image shows the engine covers opened and that inspired this work, on a  Dragon 1/72.

If I was doing it again......I would do the engine bay better, it is too narrow and not sufficiently detailed. I thought it would be largely invisible.

The ultimate in modelling of this AFV in a diorama is seen on the 2e DB French site and also here;

https://72e-db.forumactif.com/t1861-sherman-m4a3-76mm-lt-zagrodzki-2em-db-paris-44-termine?highlight=sherman

The one thing he did not do is open the engine hatches though....every detail is absolutely perfect otherwise and I found it an inspiration.

But of course I have spelt his name wrong. Braillestrike got it right!

https://2db.forumactif.com/t5279-sherman-m4a3-76-mm-lt-zagrodski?highlight=zagrodski

Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!) H4WmKW
Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!) S3Ols1
Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!) Tc03J3
Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!) Yho58Y

Liam

Dernière édition par Liam M Flood le Lun 06 Sep 2021, 12:34, édité 2 fois

Le Gnome et gm75 aiment ce message

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Snafu35
Chef d'Escadron
Chef d'Escadron
Snafu35

MessageSujet: Re: Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!)   Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!) Icon_minitimeLun 06 Sep 2021, 12:15

Hello, Liam.

It's a great build, with the engine visible.
Rémy did a great job, and yours is just as great.
Thank you for making us enjoy and for the photos which are always superb. cheers

Regards,
Eric-Snafu35

Brigadier
Brigadier
Liam M Flood

MessageSujet: Re: Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!)   Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!) Icon_minitimeVen 10 Sep 2021, 23:10

Thank you. I think this site gets far fewer visits, but I will continue to try.

The work of Remy was incredible. I used his model to understand what I was seeing in the photographs. I had not realised there were three jerricans on the glacis for example. I cannot agree about the 50 calibre all wrapped up on the back of the turret. It makes no sense going into battle. Every photo shows the 30 removed and I will bet the 50 too. Its magazines are scattered all over the glacis and ground.

My next project came today in our postal service.

An M4A4. Ah, 2eme DB did not have any I now learn.

Weep

OK. My first attempt at a unit from the South! 1e or 5e DB......Braillestrike will help me from Belgium

Regards

Liam, the Irishman from England
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!)   Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!) Icon_minitimeSam 11 Sep 2021, 20:00

comme d"habitude très beau montage! les figurines sont top aussi Wink
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!)   Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!) Icon_minitime

Lt Zagrodski. (No, Zagrodzki!)
Page 1 sur 1