72eDB La passion du 1/72
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

72eDB La passion du 1/72

AccueilÉvènementsRechercherEnglishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Miniga10S'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
Voir le deal
64.99 €

Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!

+6
rafandusaaffan
Starlord
Snafu35
Pappygun
Liam M Flood
Spade-92
10 participants
AuteurMessage
Spade-92
Général de Division
Général de Division
Spade-92

Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Empty
MessageSujet: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeVen 30 Juin 2017, 15:41

Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Oncles10

THE 72nd DIVISION BLINDEE MAQUETTISME NEEDS YOU !!!!

TEN HUT !!!!!!!

Foreigners Enlisted Modellers listen up !!!! Welcome here !

This space is dedicated to all vehicles and armored fighting vehicles from the deepest ages of the world war I to the present days, and mainly at 1/76th and 1/72nd scales also known as "braille scale".
But we... At the 72nd DBM (Armored Modelling Division) are not sectarians !!! So... If you are a planes, spaceships, figures, ships or dollhouses modeller... Uh.... No... Not dollhouse... You're welcome here and you'll find a place for you.
You'll find here buddies, friends and teamates, all gathered around the same shared passion for armor and braille scale.

Most of us are speaking english, few of us are speaking italian, spanish or german, none of us are speaking nepalese or swahili... Until now... We apologize !!!
So don't be shy... Join us !!!
Show us your models ! Come to share our passion with us ! Come to learn of us or to teach us !

We Need You !!!
The 72nd DBM needs you  !

Foreign Enlisted Modellers.... At ease...

DISMISS !!!

http://kitclubbisontin.free.fr/
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://72e-db.forumactif.com
Liam M Flood
Brigadier
Brigadier
Liam M Flood

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeLun 22 Fév 2021, 18:42

Well, as an English speaking Irish citizen living in England, I am honoured to volunteer.

I wish now I had worked even harder at French back in the late 60s at school.

But I think I am still better than Google Translate. I laugh every time I hear about "the leather workers" for Cuirassiers or "Porpoises" for "the Dolphins".

Also not sure that my work is up to the standard I am seeing here, but I hope to show some.....with Google Translate to "help"?

Liam
Pappygun
Maréchal des Logis Chef
Maréchal des Logis Chef
Pappygun

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeLun 22 Fév 2021, 19:08

Welcome aboard!!

Snafu35
Chef d'Escadron
Chef d'Escadron
Snafu35

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeLun 22 Fév 2021, 19:15

Hello Liam,

It is an excellent idea to come and take a tour on our French forum!

Welcome and take a chair!  bounce

You are the first English speaker to contact us, and it is a great privilege for me to answer you first second  drunken .
Don't hesitate to present yourself on this page:
https://72e-db.forumactif.com/f6-le-coin-des-nouvelles-recrues
it will make it easier for everyone to say hello to you!

We are here to have fun and share our passion, and if we have a big head, do not hesitate to tell us ...
Finally ... if I have a big head, do not hesitate! Laughing

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

Général / Modérateur
Général / Modérateur
Starlord

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeLun 22 Fév 2021, 20:30

hello liam and welcome here.

do not hesitate to share your achievements, because the little that I have seen is amazing (top moumoute)

your gmc’s AAA are excellent

thank’s a lot (non pas le poisson Eric) and see you soon to see and comment on your models.

tschuss

Sous-Lieutenant
Sous-Lieutenant
rafandusaaffan

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeLun 22 Fév 2021, 20:47

Welcome on board ...
North Yorkshire, mmmm, Elvington.
Bomber command, Halifax bombers french base.
The big interest for me and perhaps for other members?
Like you ?
Liam M Flood
Brigadier
Brigadier
Liam M Flood

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeLun 22 Fév 2021, 23:04

This is a great welcome, to someone who does not even speak great French. (Indeed I only have two or three words in the language of my own nationality!)

My GMC 2x50 calibre surprised me. I did not know it existed! Until the images appeared on the 2eme DB site about the GMC Bofors in Paris, I had never seen them. My Bofors GMC is a mixture of different styles and not as accurate as you will see modelled there.

Already I have seen incredible modelling here. Every M4 Sherman has an engine! Every tank has a detailed interior. Most of mine are not even painted white because I put in crew figures to fill the hatch (501 RCC, 12 RCA, 12 Cuirassiers etc)

Elvington? Still a marvellous place to visit. The best airshow I have ever seen, some years ago. Very enthusiastic and expert folk who run the place.

I must again thankyou for this invitation. I also must learn how to post images here (so far everything that I did went on The Miniatures Page, but Clement did show some of my models on his Braillestrike Facebook page....his work is great)

Liam
Fabrice Dulot
Maréchal des Logis
Maréchal des Logis
Fabrice Dulot

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeMar 23 Fév 2021, 06:05

Welcom on 72 DBM Liam . cheers
https://russianmilitarymodels72.blogspot.com/
JFF83
Chef d'Escadron
Chef d'Escadron
JFF83

Médaille d'or GB
Médaille qui récompense le gagnant d'un Groupbuild

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeMar 23 Fév 2021, 13:34

Welcome among us Liam!

Brigadier
Brigadier
Liam M Flood

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeMar 23 Fév 2021, 20:27

Well thank you again!

i cannot understand why others have not joined here. I can understand French better than my tries to speak it, but the Partagez translate does it well. Let us blame Brexit. I lost ten pounds the morning we heard the result of the vote. I bet my two younger sons it would never happen. I could never happen....

Well I have "opened the batting" they say in cricket and posted my first topic!

The work shown here is just incredible though. Mine is........well I am happy with my 2eme DB collection. Next, the Trumpeter M4A3 75 (that needs much work to improve it)

Liam
BrailleStrike
Brigadier-Chef
Brigadier-Chef
BrailleStrike

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeMar 23 Fév 2021, 21:25

Great to see you finally joined the forum Liam!

Don't hesitate to show your work to others, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people here and they will give you great tips on even the smallest details. Whether you are into historicaly accurate models, superdetailed gems, or you simply want to have fun painting a model out of the box, you'll find a great place of exchange here.

See you on the message board

Clem
Liam M Flood
Brigadier
Brigadier
Liam M Flood

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeMar 23 Fév 2021, 21:40

Clem,

I thought I would struggle as my French speaking can maybe get me a beer or something to eat, even catch a train or ask for directions. But I have already learnt how to insert images here. The "partagez" translate into English works very well actually. The modelling here? OK I am not in that league, but it is inspiring! It will make me work better.

Without Braillestrike? Nothing. I wish you made the models as well. Try to find a Dodge Weapons carrier, an M8 or M20 Armoured Car, even the M32 ARV is suddenly hard to get. An M31, forget it! Not in 1/72.

Liam
orionv
Général de Division
Général de Division
orionv

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitimeMer 24 Fév 2021, 08:24

Hellooo Liam
Very happy to see you on my forum 👍👍👍
Have a good trip here 😉

MessageSujet: Re: Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!   Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!! Icon_minitime

Englishspoken volunteers... Enlist here !!!
Page 1 sur 1